What We Do
GFI Israel works with companies, researchers, investors, governments, and entrepreneurs to help make groundbreaking innovations in alternative protein a reality. We focus on cultivated meat, plant-based and fermentation-based alternatives to animal-based meat, eggs and dairy-foods that are more delicious, safer to eat, and better for the planet than their outdated counterparts.
Science and Technology
• We teach academic courses on alternative protein R&D at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv University and Ben Gurion University.
• We give lectures, arrange workshops and conferences, and directly fund open-access research in the field.
• We do that by supporting entrepreneurs from idea to market, providing mentoring to start-ups on go-to-market plans, fundraising and partnership formation.
• We provide strategic counseling to food, agtech, and pharma corporations, as well as investors and incubators.
• We also build bridges between industry and researchers in top universities to facilitate innovation in the alternative protein arena.
• We aim to expand public funding in this space to help establish a local R&D infrastructure while promoting regulation to support the Israeli alternative protein industry.
• Among our major goals is to advance collaborations between the business and academic sectors within the Israeli ecosystem as well as with strategic international partners.